Do you like beer?

Saturday, January 23, 2010

For Reals!

Yay! I have bottle caps and can finally bottle my beer!


To start, I am using light dry malt extract (1 1/4 cup) instead of 3/4 cup dextrose sugar as my priming sugar. Using the dme will add body and head retention to the finished beer. I am transferring the wort from the carboy to a sanitized bucket to filter out the solid protiens left behind during fermentation.


The dme water mix was poured into the bucket prior to siphoning. I am also using the time to begin the boring task of cleaning bottles, most of which are mostly clean already. The earlier you can do this, the better.


Here is the sediment that was removed by the first transfer. Now I'll clean it out and transfer it back to get the rest.



Transfer number 2 is going smoothly. When the bucket is empty of beer, it will be time to bottle. Until then I need to finish cleaning bottles!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment